PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet on-line check in - WHERE IS IT ?? !!
Old 27th Dec 2006, 18:30
fyrefli
The Analog Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pax Vobiscum
Because if you don't join the queue, you'll be last on board and find there's no space left in the overhead bins (assuming security haven't restricted everyone to a matchbox and two thimbles)!
Yes, but if you're in group D you're supposed to be one of the last on board. Either it's a policy or it's not. Same again yesterday: "passengers in boarding group A only please"; c. sixty people join the queue (we're in D as usual so don't care, btw.); the queue is never shorter than c. sixty people until it gets to the last sixty. We, because we play the game like anyone, join the queue when it's halfway through the Bs, judging it as it happens spot on and being the very first from D to board, coming to the front the moment D is called.

Now, I can see that the way the game gets played in BRS actually suits EZ because they get people boarded with the minimum of delay and just have to tell the people who aren't very skilled at playing the game to stand aside if they get to the front too early; but it sure infuriates the hell out of a significant number of their customers. As someone who's surprised if he squeezes into group C, I don't really care; as per my first post on the thread, I'm just pointing out that the system at some airports does not carry the Ronseal approval mark