PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2006, 14:41
PompeySailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by number1matelot
Having been directed to this rumour network, I find all your comments regarding the JPAC and its staff baffling. I worked there for four weeks during RN roll-out and found that Heidi was one of the more knowledgeable members of the team. What I also found quite incredible is that servicemen/women are extremely rude to the operators who answer your queries. The whole attitude seemed to change when a Service HR adminstrator got on the phone. Could this be the attitude you all use when dealing with call centres who phone up trying to sell you double glazing just as you are sitting down for your dinner. What you must remember also is that at anytime there may be a senior officer listening into your call. (4* officers have been known to sit and listen.) Personally, I am impressed with the level of service that the JPAC offer.
To the extent that I have been asked to forward all my problems to a Gp Capt and also to an RN 2*,and a Lt RN on the Data Protection Steering Group, because they know that there are problems.. I also have an email which states quite clearly that there are huge problems dealing with people going outside, and that AFPAA have internally revised the timelines because under the newer, better system they are unmeetable! Heidi was ignorant and did nothing more than block my queries, despite it becoming apparent from the dates on subsequent letters that if she had actually tried putting my service number into the computer (if she had bothered to even ask for it), she would have seen the BACS transmissions waiting to be made! If there was a 4* sat on my conversation, then he should have woken up and told her to get her thumb out of her arrse and deal with the problem!

If they want, they can pull the tape of my conversation, and they will hear that she was worse than useless. In addition, I have found that the JPAC staff openly lie. Having been told that things are not being done to the timeline, my stuff all came through on time, and my P45 came through months earlier than expected. I know, it's a bonus that I shouldn't be moaning about, but it's only because I have the requisite "HR" background that I was fortunate enough to know who to call, how to phrase the questions, and the avenues open to me in the event of a JPA cock up. I pity those who don't know where to go when their payments are not made on time, or their documentation goes astray. I have managed to get one Pay Statement sent to my home address, the rest have been sent to Whale Island and Victory Building! I also knew which legal threats to make, and how to make them. 22 years, leaving as a POWriter helps no end when the bull**** starts flying! I also worked on PAS (and the PRP debacle), so I understand perfectly well how the projects hold together, and the shortcuts that are made. JPAC had a help reference number, with my mobile and home number on, and have not even managed to call back. Heidi didn't even bother logging a call. That puts her on the same playing ground as "Hello, this is Everest Double Glazing" as far as I am concerned.

Servicepeople going outside are clearly entitled to "get stroppy" when the help desk staff are unable to access records that are on their system (I know, I've seen the receipt notes and printouts for the data transaction forwarding my details), and also to be told that nothing is being paid "because you have been paid already" is rude, incompetent, and something that we would not have to put up with outside of wearing a uniform. Which is now something I no longer have to put up with, and the relevant departments will be receiving letters accordingly.

I don't particularly care how competent Heidi was during the 4 week rollout - competence is a system which pays people the right amount, at the right time. JPA is clearly somewhere outside that description, unless you prefix it with "partially".