PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2006, 14:33
mbga9pgf

Originally Posted by number1matelot
Having been directed to this rumour network, I find all your comments regarding the JPAC and its staff baffling. I worked there for four weeks during RN roll-out and found that Heidi was one of the more knowledgeable members of the team. What I also found quite incredible is that servicemen/women are extremely rude to the operators who answer your queries. The whole attitude seemed to change when a Service HR adminstrator got on the phone. Could this be the attitude you all use when dealing with call centres who phone up trying to sell you double glazing just as you are sitting down for your dinner. What you must remember also is that at anytime there may be a senior officer listening into your call. (4* officers have been known to sit and listen.) Personally, I am impressed with the level of service that the JPAC offer.
To be honest, I couldnt care less if some blunty overpaid adminer "general" has listened in... Oh, and where does this stand with current data protection laws I wonder?!
Perhaps its because the service operators have more of a can-do attitude as opposed to "I cannot answer your question so I will palm you off to unit HR" exhibited by many JPAC operators I spoke to... Although I would never be rude, and cannot condone personal attacks on individuals from an anonymous web forum I Simply refused to be bare-faced lied to and expect to take JPACs crap bendt over a barrel, to wait a further week before they bother to return my calls. Just because I am service personnel does not mean I should expect anything less than 100% for matters regarding my pay, conditions and leave, whilst the service expect me to spend most of the year in the sandy place.
You may be impressed, I certainly have not been so far by this frankly atrocious system which was, lets face it, forced upon us way before it was ready.
It took 6 months, over two dozen phone calls, 2 formal letters of complaint and initiating redress prior to my issues getting resolved, over a matter that, prior to JPA, would have required a simple visit to Handbrake house to resolve.

Oh, and they up top in the ivory towers are currently wondering why we are all leaving in droves....

Last edited by mbga9pgf; 27th Dec 2006 at 14:50.