PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeremy Clarkson in The Sunday Times
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2001, 12:24
CaptainCarpet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen, in general, I couldn't agree more with your sentiments. Nobody likes to have his profession and professionalism questioned. However, I think that the majority of us agree that the neverending price war, as always, not only brings us cheaper services, but the inherent problems associated with trying to work with miniscule margins.
The Captain on this flight started out by being delayed travelling on the motorway. That always makes us happy before a night flight. Was he called out from standby or was it just traffic. Either way, have some sympathy. I'm sure that he didn't drop in somewhere for a Big Mac! A delay, a night flight, and probably having to endure the wrath of the outbound passengers as well as the Company.... great! And the same to look forward to on the return!
However, always be sympathetic to the passengers. We know what it's like to be left in the dark, and they are paying (albeit economically) for a service, so lets try to keep them informed, hopefully with the truth.
As for Mr. Clarkson. A well written story! And that is what it must be treated as. The trouble is that he has a wide and varied public, who, for them, his writing is gospel, and hr has portrayed our business in a bad light! (OK, I know!)
If possible, lets not give him any more opportunities.