PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flyglobespan melt down!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2006, 12:33
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 204 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Nil further
Colin Monkfish/Spinnaker
I dont know about MOL's terms however as a humbleorange line Captain withe just over 5 years in i am on target to do over £100k this tax year .If the share price keeps on going up or even staying where it is , my share options alone next year are worth nearly £50 k.
Your right , these loco's are ruining everything !
yes i work hard when i am at work so what , most people who work for anything other than local government these days work long days everyday without the 3 or 4 days off after 5 working days .They dont get standbys either .I wouldnt fancy a real job and if EZY keep on "ruining it"like this then bring it on i say !
There is a world of difference between the likes of EZY and the likes of GSM / Flybe gents .The orange world is not perfect , however as a safe credible employer with an overall reasonable financial package its pretty good .
There wil always be startup's like GSM who are cutting everything to the bone in order to try and get things going , it is very difficult to compete with EZY and FR now due to their cost base , free capital and brand presence .Mr D may have deep pockets are they deep enough ? time will tell . In the meantime there are jobs in Scotland on Jets for those who are prepared to put up with the crap , if its that bad leave !
Well said. Too many people out there just don't realise how much EZY has changed in the last 18 months. Yes we may do 800+ hours per year - but so do BA shorthaul and they do a lot of their duties away from home for 3-4 days at a stretch - great for family life

EZY now has 5/3/5/4 roster agreement in place for Winter AND Summer 07 with possible further improvement for Winter 07. My rosters are always published on the 17th of each month for the next month and are very stable with perhaps one or two changes per month (disruption payments can apply).

All staff were given two weeks basic salary worth of shares recently as recognition of our efforts during a "difficult" summer - a nice touch from a LoCo! I've been in the current share schemes for about 16 months and they are currently "worth" over £40k - not too bad and I am well aware that the price of shares can go (right) down as well as up!

It's musical chairs at the moment for pilots - jobs abound. But ask yourself where would rather be when the downturn inevitably comes. I've said it before - you could do a lot worse than the Orange order.

For those concerned about positioning and then driving home - just mention the words "duty of care" and "Corporate liability" to your management. Any responsible company WILL provide you with accomodation.

Happy New Year to you all,

Fly safe in 2007.

A4