PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA IR issues
Thread: BA IR issues
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2006, 08:40
traveller5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a public point of view, I'm sure most people will not support BA cabin and flight crews' overpay and current conditions! However, in their place, most people would want to keep the easy money given and would be liars to say otherwise. That considered, I'm not convinced a strike will achieve much other than more public inconvenience. BA's last 3 years of disruption -for whatever reason - is now as regular as the disruption seen with Alitalia, for example. The disruption, togther with a main hub that cannot cope with the current number of flights (waiting for a gate after 12 hours flying etc) and BA's very poor punctuality can only serve to permanently damage the airline's reputation.

I think we know the crew will strike, and so good luck to them. However, they need to think carefully about the timing and should aim to hit the heart of BA business for maximum effect, i.e. Premium travel. If the Monday morning premium longhaul traffic is dented, rather than half term family holidays, BA will soon react.

As for Carnage Matey, he seems to be a very bitter driver.