PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetscar int. ops proving that it's all about "choice".
Old 27th Dec 2006, 08:17
topgun0007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedbirdhouse and others, I hope no one is confusing Jetstar Asia with Jetstar International, two very different animals.

JQA never developed the model they needed due to incompetencies in the managment and no one really of any substance in a leadership position.

As for the interest in the potential buy out and subsequent standing/viability of the various group components, for my two cents worth i would put my money on the JQ model.

Years ago when the profitable airlines around the world were running 300 employees per aircraft, Ansett, TAA and QANTAS were around 700 employees per aircraft.

The situation today is better, but antiquated work practises, strong unions and outdate employment contracts still hamstring our industry.

I have no doubt that all the QF pilots are extremely competent, but they are no better than the rest of us out there earning a living as professional pilots.

We can all do their job equally as well as they do, no ifs no buts, just plain fact.

I am sick and tired of hearing the w***ers, pis88ng in the wind puffing their chests out and claiming to be the best or better than the rest.

We are all equal.

And as for the 89ers ...well, my belief is the only people who lost out in 89 were the travelling public, the industry lost a lot of great aviators who new the Australian scene.

The winners were the guys who took opportunities overseas and saw that there are a multiplicity of methods by which to remove the epidermus from the feline and that the Australian way was not the only way....

They came back or stayed in OS positions, but most were better people and aviators for it.

Those who never let it go just put far to much energy into being pis33d with the world.

Nobody has a mortgage on all the good ideas.

I do not work for QF nor JQ but you guys need to get your sh1t in a pile and work together.

If you dont, you are on a hiding to nothing.

The new management will divide and conquer an already weak group that is disorganised, fractionalised and poorly led.

The pilot buy in of QF will only raise the ire of the new owners and the upside is a win?

Blocking the sale will see your shares free fall to less than $3.20 a share, not good business sense, and at 1% holding, what would you acheive?

Possibly only a reduction in your hard earned super.

Well merry christmas and happy new year to everyone