PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI Interview
Thread: BMI Interview
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2006, 08:05
Gary Lager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well put Paul, so many new pilots find their first day out of line training is sitting next to someone like 9mtl - it's important to maintain a sense of perspective and remember why you wanted the job in the first place.

It's really sad when you hear guys with a total of 300 hours in the company moaning about pay and conditions - it doesn't tkae long for some to be got to by the doomsayers and retirement-happy whingers! (not that you fall into either of those categories, 9mtl - what you write is true and valid, but I would suggest perhaps for relevant to a senior FO looking to move airlines rather than someone otherwise faced with instructing for years on no money, or a TP cargo job, fo example)

bmi (BM) was my first 'proper' airline - I found the training excellent, the safety culture very positive, the crews good fun and flying from LHR a fantastic experience. I

I have now moved on (for many of the reasons 9mtl mentions!), but PilotOnline, I wish you all the best in your interview, you could do FAR worse.

G