PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raytheon Premier issues
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2006, 01:22
ssg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Aircraft

There are those that fly this plane and those that don't...like Mu2s.

The Premier 1 is a great aircraft.

Only aircraft right now that can flow single pilot at 41,000 and do .80
Great avionics..no T/Rs to worry about. Auto slats do a great job and with the demo pilot and myself, I landed with a ref of 115 in 2500 feet. Williams engines sip fuel. good Raytheon support, big cabin. Meant to be the competition for the Cj2, but it looks funny.

The fact is, if you take a look at it, it look like the nose of a Citation X, area rule happening here. I liked it in my demo. It doesn't go far, and doesn't carry any weight. The rocket scientists at Raytheon wanted a Part 23 aircraft thinking the market was in Cjs. The SJ30 is the new hot rod that have everyone dumping thier Lears and Citations quickly, Cjs with be a thing of the past...

I needed a single pilot jet that would carry 9 pax, moving up from a Citation SII. The Enocre has a zero fuel weight limitation that was too restrictive, so I bought an Ultra, great aircraft. But .75 at 37000 is not .80 at 41000. Rumours that a Premier 2 might come out, a little longer, faster, better range, more pax.

I looked at all aspects of the Premier, I mean all, and couldn't find major issues, many operators love them. But it has no range, and doesnt carry people. Its perfect for two couples flying from W. Coast to Midwest.

Considering that most corporate aircraft statisticaly don't take off with more then 4 pax, it's really quite nice...and did I say it sips fuel? The biz owner with a single pilot captain, light loads, big cabin, and low fuel and maitanance costs will love this plane.