PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - first choice airways
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2006, 01:18
CandyFlooPot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I worked for FCA last summer for a season. The first season u work for them will only be short haul, and you work the not so desirable flights, selling constantly and trying to reach targets that are made near impossible. There is no quarantee of work after the six months, and most people get layed off and invited back the following year. If you can afford to be without a job and security then you will be fine.
The first few months like any other airline will be poor money to start with, but will get better. My highest take home for the duration of the contract which will go sooooo quick was £1200 and I WAS working lots of hours SELL SELL SELL.
I would like to point out that the crew at FCA LGW were absolutely great, friendly and a real laugh, it would of been great doing long haul with them, they are a real asset to the company. Shame the way the PPYs get treated, and im not alone in saying that im sure.
I got a permanent job with another airline so wont be going back, anyone wanting to join FCA you will have a fantastic season and as I said the crew are what made it for me. Just dont get your hopes up for anything permanent, but as experience and a fot in the door then its ideal. I wish you all the best for 2007. I hope this gives a little insight. Please feel free to mail me with any questions
Good luck everyone
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX