PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax sit-in at MAN
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2006, 18:50
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps it's time for Monarch to concentrate solely on their scheduled arm and scrap the charter operation. Their scheduled (ZB) service appears to be going from strength to strength with passenger numbers seemingly on a constant increase. They're up there with the leading Loco's at both MAN and BHX and compete well with EZY at LGW and LTN. Their scheduled low cost product is one of the best of all the LCC's and they have formed a large 'fan base' of frequent fliers. Their charter operation however hasn't performed so consistently over recent years. The reputation of Monarch as a charter carrier is certainly not as good as it used to be and the many package holiday travellers would prefer to fly TOM/MYT/FCA especially on long haul, as the standards of both service and punctuality on Monarch charter have slipped dramatically.

Therefore I ask, is it time for Monarch to ditch their traditional charter services and free up aircraft to operate more ZB flights that are performing well. With this additional scheduled capacity they could start up a new low cost base or consolidate services at their additional bases. Certainly at MAN they could easily overtake LS and TOM with additional aircraft.

Anyway, back on topic... whilst the decision to bus the LGW passengers from MAN was a bad move by Monarch, I believe that the behaviour of the passengers on board was unacceptable. Of course they have a right to be angry but to stage a sit in against the direct orders of the crew is just out of order. And sending videos to the News of the World is utter madness. I'm sorry but whilst you're onboard an aircraft, the orders to the crew should be adhered to and i have a sad feeling that this will now open the gates for people to think they can do as they please and ignore what they're instructed by the airport/airline staff in charge. And that will be a sad, sorry state indeed if we get to that. Just my 2 pennies worth...

Hope everyone had a great xmas!