PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF to encourage Fat WAAFs
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2006, 15:54
musclemech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maple 01
Or in other words you can't refute any of his points so you chose to ignore them, well, nice to see the same style of senior management that has been bu@@ering up the real Air Force has infected the insulated world of the PTI
Again, what is your war role? Most of us actually have/had one and have performed it well regardless of the RAF FT, therefore it is an irrelevance
PTIs in direct support of air ops? I don't think so - bin them
Not at all. I had just come in from the pub on Christmas Eve and thought the points he made and the questions he asked were just digs at the PEd branch. Perhaps I should have ignored it but I had had a bit too much of the amber nectar and so I was simply making the point that I wasn't going to get into that sort of slagging off trades discussion.

And once again, the RAFFT is nothing to do with how well or otherwise you can perform your war role.

On that subject, I don't know what my war role is - but I know PTIs are out on OOA dets as we speak. When GW I was going on, I was trained as a rehab therapist and then later helped rehab guys who had been injured during operations. Despite all of the questions regarding why PTIs exist, someone high up seems to think they are a good idea, otherwise I would be out of a job. In the past 20 years or so, while the RAF has cut to a third its size, the PEd Branch has actually slightly increased in size. Plus, although obvioulsy my sample pool is a bit biased, but there have been plenty of people who have come into my gyms over the years and praised PTIs and what we do.

On the subject of PT reps, the Physical Training Leader qualification is now available. PTLs will be like the Army Assistant PTIs (AKIs) Wrathmonk alluded to, but (as far as I know) there are no plans to have the civilian leisure centre managers L1A2 mentioned. BTW Wrathmonk, I am surprised that in this day and age you were amazed that the people you wanted to take PT sessions for you had to be formally trained. But you will be pleased to know that it was requests from people like you that prompted the development of the PTL.

ZH, I am not saying that PT should come ahead of aircraft servicing, or any other primary task that a section might have. But it's very interesting that when a Boss who likes fitness comes into a section that has previously been 'too busy', the section suddenly seems to have time...

MM