PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2006, 12:14
Phone Wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UL,

The Bristow dependants in PH and Warri don't actually live on the Shell RAs (even though at Warri they have their own access gate). I think there's only a few guys on accompanied status now. Agip have only evacuated their families to Lagos, so they can have regular visits from their loved ones. Maybe with the car bombs now being used to target government offices the families will return to PH soon? With the fuel shortage in PH really biting now, it's probably difficult to deliver a car bomb anyway! There was some speculation yesterday that the Agip hostages being held by MEND were about to be released, but it turned out that they had just asked for a doctor for one who was seriously ill (now reported to be recovering).

ruma,

Friends on leave who have visited Heliportugal tell me that the new machine Caverton are leasing is a single, not a twin Squirrell. I think it's still in Tires airport. As mentioned already, we'll keep the colour on this one a surprise until it arrives. Guess it won't arrive in Lagos before the end of the year now.