PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Town Runway closed again - the debacle continues
Old 25th Dec 2006, 15:31
unstable load

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should there be a catastrophy at FACT due to the state of the runway it will be the airline involved that gets to be burnt at the stake no matter how long the runway has been bad. The legal costs alone would be horrendous, and as it looks like a fat chance that ACSA will pay up then the airline will need to.

After all, if it was that bad then why did they land???

Surely then it is time for the AIRLINES to stand together and boycott FACT instead of just talking around the issue.

I am not trying to be flippant here, I will be flying into Cape Town in a few weeks and I don't want to be on board the plane that does crash, if as this thread is pointing out,it is inevitable.

This is a symbiotic industry..... I trust you pilots to get me home and in return you guys trust people like me to keep your planes serviceable. We all put our asses in the ATC's hands, and then with any luck our luggage will have been correctly loaded and will arrive unmolested.....

I know I will need to put on my teflon coat now, but we do need to have faith in each other that we are indeed looking out for the common good. If ACSA won't pull their finger out then someone needs to do it for them.

Rant over, feeling better now. Sort of