PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter specific advice on ANR Headsets?
Old 25th Dec 2006, 10:01
Outwest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Bose. It has over 1000 hrs of use now and I am still very happy with it, BUT (there is always a but) it is in no way as rugged as a DC. A year ago it had to go back to Bose for repair ( a squeal in one ear cup) and now it has a bad connection somewhere in the cord.
I will say, Bose was amazing on the service the first time around, all completly free of charge. Will see how it goes this time.
The one thing you need to know is that the Bose has 0, that is zero, passive noise reduction. If the batterys go dead, you are left with your head in the downwash. The DC's are basically a regular DC with active reduction added, so if the batterys go dead, not much changes. Actually a freind of mine invested all that money in a DC ANR and never turns it on. He says there is no reason to. The Bose is the most comfortable and light headset I have ever worn. Very ergonomic. If you are in a job that is mostly white shirt flying, the Bose is the way to go. If you are a flight suit guy that is wobbling his own fuel, then the DC will take the heat.