PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth News ?
Thread: Perth News ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2006, 08:10
tomcat264

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Why do light aircraft backtrack for full length departure?

Originally Posted by Richo
Hello all

Have been away for a few weeks and am interested in catching up on the WA (Perth) news front. Who can help me with the following

1. What happened with the WA Gov aircraft contract ?, seems to be quiet on that front.

2. Something about a couple of DASH 8-300's and no AOC to operate them.

3. One of the GA FIFO operators at Perth getting a 50-70 seat jet (this is a rumour I heard, any truth to it)

4. With the 717's taking over on the RPT, how many 146/RJ's will be left operating in WA on FIFO contracts with NATJET.

Thanks for the info/gosip or whatever.

If this has been done before, feel free to let me know the links.

richo
I know this is off topic but im new here & I cant seem to find where to post a new topic! I would like to point out there was a morning where RWY 06 was in ops only due to easterly wind & there was quite a traffic jam first thing in the morning! Now I understand A330,747,777,737, back tracking from juliet for a full length departure & F100,dash 8,bras using a juliet departure! Now my question is why on earth do all the lighties like BE76,C441,Navajo,Barons etc back track for a full length departure when the RWY is 2163m in TDA????? and rotate before the intersection!Bringing the airport to agrinding hault! do these guys have a A330 complex or something? when they are gonna land on a runway half the length.I see this all the time & it just adds to the congestion.