PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2006, 18:13
PompeySailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LFFC
Government Pays Double for Consultants

It looks like EDS are making a real killing from their government contracts!

Now, I wonder which other department pays through the nose?

I wonder what their profit margin is for JPA?
Lots, and for a reduced service. Official line is that they cannot meet the same standards that we may be used to, or the same timelines. Got my P45 though, with a letter dated the same day that I threatened court action on them. Everything paid now except final pay, but I should imagine that will be done on time. Simple answer is to post up on here, and then threaten to take the right people to court, publicly.

Helps if you know some friendly journos who can also ask pertinent questions at the right times!

When EDS took over in Centurion, there was a guy who researched them, and came to their first "hello" meeting. He asked lots of awkward questions about redundancies, terms and conditions, etc. His boss was asked to make sure that he was out on a visit on the date of the next meeting. The guy wrote down everything that he thought would happen if EDS took over, and got it all right, even including the closing of the bar. He left the MOD and refused to transfer to EDS. He now has a much better, and more secure job, elsewhere.