PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RBS CityFlyer
Thread: RBS CityFlyer
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2006, 14:24
Captain Correlli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

Thanks Towser, it does seem like a workable plan, though a bit vulnerable given its size. There's still the whole BA management competence thing, (including the people who are supposedly going to be running this, although the departure of PH and SW can be viewed as a step forwards). The management will directly affect whether we're (allowed) to make a profit. We might always be a pawn although a much smaller one than we were with BACON, so any losses or profits would be similarly small. If we did become a success in the way we were as Brymon and BRAL, would BA interfere again? If BA ever want to dispose or close, it's an simple cheap operation. I think I'll still see if I can pass the EZY interview (one licence and a pulse) and try and explore this basing thing where they won't confirm until close to starting. The other incentive is the redundancy if I don't move to EDI - does anyone know if they're paying statutory or if a better package may be on offer?
Finally, I thought the EM 195 had 108 seats - what happens then? That would clearly be the best option commercially, but scope would presumably apply - does that mean we'd be allowed to continue flying it, or would we be bumped off? Alternatively, will the secondees stay if we got 170s or 190s with less than 100 seats, or would the old "London Airport" routing story be used again. What IS a bloke to do.....apart from take the orange pill and be worked to death!

Last edited by Captain Correlli; 24th Dec 2006 at 14:25. Reason: Spelling