PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army Scrooge Spirit... (just a little flash..)
Old 24th Dec 2006, 08:59
HEDP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I didn't quite get my point across in the way I had intended so........

Lets assume that the MOD website has an article about an RAF station that has loaded one of Her Majesties planes with all things nice for RAF Lyneham personnel and transported it by special delivery to RAF Lynehams finest personnel.

Hurrah for the RAF you might say (and I can see that if you have the toys you might play with them from time to time.......)

Meanwhile, that leaves many a young squaddie and the like with families desperate to send parcels at Christmas but limited to a 2 Kg parcel and having all sorts of problems getting them through the post office etc etc......

My issue is not with who did what for whom but the lack of understanding of the young squaddies perception of what has happened. My issue is with the various derogatory names this individual has been called on an anonymous website without a thought for how something may appear to someone else.

Yes, I have been the bringer of good cheer but generally it was done for the good of all and not for the few who have the capability to help themselves........

NB:- This is not a gripe from me, merely an attempt to bring some understanding from the other side of the fence

Happy Xmas one and all