PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 23:57
Mama Mangrove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UL,

Depending on which journal you wish to believe, Nigeria is the world's 7th or 8th largest oil producer. Two of the major players there are Exxon/Mobil and Chevron/Texaco so I believe that America has much more than a passing interest in what is happening in Nigeria, particularly in view of the hostility toward it from much of the Arab world.

I think if you read etienne's post, he says that the military at NAF Base are the ones over-reacting. The gate to either NAF Base or Shell well guarded . I guess that's just your sense of humour

The only other domestic wannabee which bears a resemblence to Caverton is Arik, which has much deeper pockets, much better connections and is currently under investigation by the EFCC. I believe they also had some problems finding airfields during their route proving . It has so far, though only had 2 Ops Directors AFIK. Caverton, anyway bears much more resemblance to Southern Air, whose last Ops Manager is now with Caverton - I'd thought he'd have more sense actually than to get involved with them, but I guess he'll leave enrichened by his experience.

Oh well, back to the mundane world of watching nothing happen. A Merry Christmas to one and all.