PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF to encourage Fat WAAFs
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 20:34
LFFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by musclemech
The RAFFT is designed provide an incentive to exercise -
MM
As I pointed out before, the RAFFT may have been designed as an "incentive", but with all your talk about "sanctions", it appears to be more of a threat!

A proper incentive to exercise would be time away from primary duties in order to do it. Or even better, recognition for achieving high levels of fitness, but sadly I can't see that happening.

MM, I really can sympathise with where you're coming from. I like to keep myself pretty fit and got great satisfaction from the last marathon I ran; the training for it was great fun, but it took a hell of a lot of my spare time (that I was very fortunate to have). However, remember the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink".

PS.

I note your new position with interest:
Originally Posted by musclemech
No one could be discharged for failing to meet the level required - or if they were they would likely sue the MOD and win...
Please remember the goverment's diversity policy. We come in all shapes and sizes and we all bring our own particular skills and qualities. Be very careful; if someone can do their primary task regardless of their level of fitness, then why should they be penalised?

Last edited by LFFC; 23rd Dec 2006 at 20:59.