PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar's package and Working conditions
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 16:37
loc22550

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
right on the most sensitive point here in doha:the accomodation problem!
Today if you join Q.A. and if you need a decent villa for your family, you will have to spend a MINIMUM of 3000euros or 4000 U$ almost Half of F/O 330 salary!With a captain salary it will be slightly less painfull: this is NOT an objective opinion, this is the reality!
During the interview you may be promised to receive an company accomodation but until you see it and get it don`t thrust it!Again this is not an objective opinion, thatīs the reality.

Life on a 330 fleet(probably the worst): Roster will spoil your private life, a lot of change, no fix roster, you may be roster for two long haul night flight separated by minimum rest!!Roster Mafia doesnīt have any clue of safety, But of course donīt be afraid to refuse any last minute change if you think itīs not safe.Your days off may be cancelled if you are lucky they will be posponed.
Again and without being negative, i think in my humble opinion iīm relatively close to the reality.
But wait and see, maybe some of my collegues will come with different point of view...
Cheers.