PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON- 3
Thread: MANSTON- 3
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 10:22
deedave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deedave to MDIS - "Your earlier response to my comments suggests you have not read my posts properly"

MDIS to deedave - "Not sure what you mean. Please explain"

Okey Doke

18 Dec MDIS - "I note deedave's comments about the accident on the M2 which closed it"

- These comments were actually made by someone else.

18 Dec MDIS - "You also ask why there was no announcement on pax figures for November...there weren't any."

- No I didn't. I asked where the November traffic report was. In Manston's case this refers to freight. They must have heard me because they produced it next day.

19 Dec MDIS - "Do you really believe that LYX will have the 50 double dailies that you so require"

- No I don't. On 17 Dec, I said I require 50+ double dailies. I stated quite clearly that for me, only LONDON can supply this.

19 Dec MDIS - "Obviously the passenger loads from (Ashford) aren't as lucrative as you suggest"

- I have made no claims for "lucrative-ness" at Ashford/LYX. However, I would bet a very large sum of money that whatever prospects Lydd has, Manston's are substantially worse, and - "This town ain't big enough for both of 'em."
I can elaborate on this if you wish.

19 Dec MDIS - "I notice you had no response to my Maidstone scenario"

- If your Maidstone scenario was directed at me, I was unaware of it, still less that a reply was required.
To be honest old chum, the number of blokes who have popped up on various forums banging on about how fast or slow this and that road is, and making miniscule time calculations around check-in times etc - has become a bit dull.
Also, the factors affecting an airport's prospects are far more complex - cultural identity, disposable income, age demographic of population, to name but a few.
The only thing I could say is that if I lived in Maidstone I personally wouldn't use MSE because it will never offer the same frequency and variety of business destinations as LGW and LHR.

PS - I wouldn't go around saying BAA have a minimum 40 mins baggage reclaim time if I were you.
It isn't true, and some of these companies can be very touchy.
You wouldn't want them to sue you!

Last edited by deedave; 23rd Dec 2006 at 13:50.