PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL
Thread: LIVERPOOL
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 08:53
Vampy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rubbishing somewhere else as a defence.
Punchy this morning arent we[B]IB4138.[B] However, I don't recall dwlpl rubbishing anywhere at all. He merely pointed out that all BA domestic flights to/from Heathrow had been grounded due to the fog. He then asked you who was to blame, a question which you so far have failed to answer.
Nobody is under any illusion that everything at Liverpool is
rosey and wonderful
but it does make me laugh when people who think they have an idea about something come and post on here and then show that in fact they don't have the foggiest (pardon the pun). As LTNman points out Stansted and Luton both relaid their runways in Spring or Summer. However, the operational requirements at these airports, I should imagine, are such that those times of the year were the best times to do the work. Here at Liverpool, the Winter schedules are virtually finished by midnight, with virtually no movements until 6am. It doesn't take a rocket scientist, therefore, to work out that with that being the quietest period during the year, it would also be the best time to do the work.
So it's been foggy for a couple of days. This only actually affected Liverpool on one day (Tuesday), and on that particular day the RVRs and Vis were well below Cat II minima, nevermind Cat I, so even if the runway was fully serviceable and operational, the aircraft [B]STILL[B] couldn't have got in.

On your profile it says you are a Radio Presenter. If that's the case, then you may want to teach your colleagues at the BBC and Sky all about ATC and aviation as you appear to be so confident about your knowledge, as judging by the reports on TV they obviously have no idea what they're talking about. But then again, maybe you already have............