PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ground School Exam Questions & Question Banks
Old 23rd Dec 2006, 08:35
hpcock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CATS, Qu. Banks & more....

Originally Posted by looptheloop
I am just about to sign up to study for the ATPL with C.A.T.S at Cranfield- for its location and after a good chat with the staff there who impressed me with their enthusiasm. I will be doing the distance learning route with the hope of working part time alongside studying. What other 'extras' would you recommend i get to help my studying? i have read the posts of people suggesting getting the Bristol question bank- anything else I should consider to go along with what the school will provide? I like to read from more than one source, so that I can get a wider understanding and feel more prepared for the range of questions.
Let me know what i should ask Santa for! And if anyone else has an opinion of C.A.T.S I'd love to hear it.
Louise.
Hi Louise

I finished my ATPL with CATS some time ago, & was wholly satisfied with what I got. Passed everything 1st time - as did the majority of my class - with minimum fuss.

As per the question bank, I would say that what you get from CATS is as good as, or even better than the BGS one - I have both of them. Included in the course was full access to their Web-based training facilities, Computer - based trining package (re. The Question Bank), a whole load of progress tests & consolidation papers - all of which contain qu's directly from the JAR Examinations. However, the most pleasing thing about my course was the fact that CATS didn't churn out a bunch of q & a reciting robots, but well informed & educated pilots.

On a recent fly in to Cranfield, I did get the chance to drop my head in & had a chat with Stuart Smith - HoT @ CATS. He showed me some of the improvements & advancements made to the course since i had left, inc On-Line study guides - which looked very good, the Web Based had been markedly improved, & was proving very popular with students from other schools aswell.

I think everything you need in order to do well at the exams is all catered for by CATS.

Anyway, sorry to go on for so long, but I hope you share the same success there that I had.

Good luck
HPC

btw - forgot to mention, the Oxford Met CD is worth the investment - imo, its a good supplement to the CATS Study Guide.