PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 21:24
ak3141

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Working Conditions

Hello ladies and gents,

It seems everyone seems to have their own, 'I know somebody that has been working as cabin crew with Emirates for the past 4 years and they're earning this much money,' story to tell and seem to think that their information is infalllible. What I'd like to know are the real details from Emirates cabin crew before I make the decision to move and work for the company. An informed decison is always a better decision!

I can understand that some of the information may be considered sensitive, so if you're a little hesitant to post it in the public forum just send me a PM. Any information received will be treated with the strictest of confidence and will only be used to make a decision about whether I'd like to join the company or not.

The following is the kind of information I'm looking for and any accurate information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

- base pay
- average pay per month (including base and allowances)
- sick leave
- annual leave
- maximum working hours per day
- overtime rates of pay
- average flying hours and duty hours per month
- maximum flying hours and duty hours per month
- maximum consecutive working days
- average amount of reserve and available days per month and whether these are considered duty hours
- minimum amount of days off per month and whether these are single days or consecutive days
- minimum rest periods at home base and during layovers
- employee satisfaction and your thoughts about the company and living in Dubai
- any other staff incentives, bonuses, or information you may think relevant!