PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trying To Get Home
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 21:22
Scribbly dee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yo Ho Ho....... No No No......!!

A friend of mine trying to indulge down to MPA got kicked off this morning. Had been at BZN for 2 days with his family and gave up this morning. Rumour has it that first it was the fog then the pallets came from Heathrow all the wrong size and had to be stripped down and rebuilt then the nose wheel went belly up then one of the civvy MT drivers realised it is a couple of months since the 747 had been damaged and dinked the side of it with the steps. You couldn't make a story like that up. Rumour also has it that something (Santa/747/Tristar/Magic Carpet/ship) will be on its way tomorrow sometime but will have to night stop in ASI and MPA and will be back in blighty in time for a cold turkey sandwich some time around the 27 Dec.

My mate tells me that they were treated reasonably well at BZN (probably because the Gateway is shut so they stayed in a hotel where they actually care about the guests) but were fed the usual mushroom diet of information. He also tells me that there were loads of kids there trying to get to see their parents at MPA and families and paying passengers none of whom were too happy with the situation or the treatment.

Unfortunately this is not an isolated incident not a month goes by without the airbridge going u/s a few times or there is no mail for a couple of flights or no fruit and veg. Most of the explanations for these incidents are rubbish and make the Keystone Cops look professional. But everything must be OK in the South Atlantic, same as elsewhere, because I read it the RAF News last week. OC Ops at BZN said so.........!!

Once again cheers to the boys who are on their way it might screw up their Christmas but it will make a whole load of other people happy.