PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 19:48
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it very disturbing that the media has printed an article like this .We are lucky to live in a country that we are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.If the individual IS guilty then he should face the full effect of the law.However after watching the company's security efforts in the past he is more than likely going to get off on a technicality.

What disrurbs me though is the sentence that "the saboteur" has been linked to an on going industrial campaign"....

WHO linked these two events?

This is the sort of effect that media reports have and I can only guess who is behind the "LINKING".

The company uderstands the effect of a media campaign and is willing to fight dirty by hinting that this mindless moron was part of our efforts to stop the takeover.

The FAAA should put out a press statement to the contrary immediately or the company gets away with it AGAIN.

"The alleged incident has been linked to an on-going industrial relations campaign by Qantas staff which has elevated in recent weeks following the planned privatisation of the airline by private equity consortium Airline Partners Australia.
The Flight Attendants Association of Australia, which would likely represent the accused man in any court proceeding, announced a letter writing campaign against the deal yesterday.
All Qantas unions are urging their members to write to MPs and senators in a bid to highlight national interest concerns associated with the privatisation.
Unions are running several campaigns to save the airline from privatisation."

As far as the reliability of the 300's is concerned or I should say the lack of reliability we should be operating the recently returned 707 on the Perth shuttles.It would probably be more reliable and enthusiasts would be falling over them selves to fly once again on it