PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF to encourage Fat WAAFs
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 16:33
Jobza Guddun

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Musclemech posted: "What was interesting was that the flt cdrs and senior SNCOs were often those who had pressing engangements elsewhere."

Given the amount of meetings that my lot seem to have to go to these days, I can actually understand that, but I catch your insinuation....

In my recent experience, the Heat Acclim Trg was a washout for the sqn guys, I recall us all being yanked out of the gym on 2 occasions due to there not being enough greens on the board. Chap doing the yanking was the Wg Cdr, by way of the Rects Controller. The other sqns in our glorious new Wing had similar experiences, and non of them did more than 2 weeks. This is the type of thing we're up against MM.

Plenty of people I know are up for 3-times-a-week PT. What we're not up for is the inevitable extra time on the night shift to make up for what wasn't done, or what can't be done in the morning, by the day shift.

In short, the ethos of the entire RAF, not just stations, is going to have to change if we want to get the masses fitter. As the ethos is NOT going to change, we'll just drift along and argue about the same things year in year out.

Meanwhile I'll just carry on playing football until I'm past it.

Jobza