PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots to fight for Qantas
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 12:28
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Geez Mulder, talk about 'small potatoes'.....and only half the story. I'll address some of your points so far.

151 was a win for sure. It affects about 20 F/Os on the 744 many of whom would be regularly flying divisor plus due to the numbers being (continually) so tight. Seen the thread on Qrewroom about the riot clause? That's right. We also took a pay freeze to get it. I haven't done a blank line since it came in. Result for majority of pilots? Zero.

5:30? Sorry, I got 5:10 and then had to give away a bunch of annual leave to get to 5:30 despite being told that the 'offsets had to be agreed' and if AIPA didn't agree then we still got the 5:30. I didn't know at the time the offset would be my annual leave. I did a quick calculation of my trips since the 5:30 came in. It didn't make much of a difference to me either before or after. It did help some others and yahoo for them. They got an extra day off per bid period.

PLH credits for leave on a blank line? Very small number of crew so costs QF very, very little. Great for those crew though.

Full credit for sick leave. Win undoubtedly.

Choice of fund? Federal legislation. I'm in Div 2.

Access to the lounge? Big deal. Nice but I'd happily give it away to claw back some of the stuff we gave away. That was the same year we had a pay freeze.

Loss of license? Win. How many pilots avail themselves of it? Not many hopefully. It may be the only thing we can get an increase on at the moment given that the 'cost' to QF is marginal.

Shall we start to look at what we've given away or been locked out from over the same time frame?

Pay freeze in 2002. Cost to superannuation- in excess of $100K tax free.

No coverage of group pilots despite many crew advocating such a stance.

Two bites at pattern protection and for a truck load longer than before.

No bonus scheme despite it being on the 'table'.

Singapore basing for S/Os.

Locked out of J* domestic discussions despite a statement in the EBA that we'd be a party to discussions for a LCC.

Locked out of J* interational discussions.

For a bloke who has had the benefit of Qantas paying for your flying training, and other pilots working to make your life better, you sure are unappreciative and miserable at times.
I show my appreciation when it's warranted. Geoff Dixon has a personal letter showing my appreciation for something a bunch of years ago. Chris has a couple of personal emails stating the same thing. A few of the AIPA COM have had personal phone calls and I always ensure that it's my round when I hook up with them up the track. So whilst you may think you know me on the basis of a couple of posts here and on Qrewroom you're way off the mark- as those who really know me would attest. Further, Being 'appreciative' of my opportunities in life including the QF cadetship doesn't make me a company 'bitch' for eternity. I pay my dues now and I pass the checks the same as every other person- which means I have as much right as the next person to be entirely underwhelmed with where previous AIPA regimes have got us to in the last five-six years.

Finally, criticism of past regimes should not be assumed to be a ringing endorsement for the current regime. Their hard road is ahead of them. Enough playing, back to the real fun in my life.

Merry Christmas and I hope we hook up in the New Year. My shout and perhaps we'll iron out some of the perceived differences.