PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky News : you 'avin a larf ?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 09:47
the dean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funny how the public still want to operate at the same pace despite adverse weather conditions.... ...but you mention safety to them and that brings some feeling of reasoning to them ??!!.

yet i met a taxi driver last night who could not '' understand in this day and age why , when we have gps in cars, ... planes cannot get something that tells them on the ground....TURN RIGHT...TURN LEFT....??

makes it sound simple...does'nt it ..!!??? ..of course i should have been able to see that all along..( and of course all ramp vehicles would also have to be fitted with TECAS too!!!)

how silly of me..

right lads ...get on with it and get those thingamees fitted in your planes right away and stop f***ing around in the fog...so my taxi driver can travel on time..

funny when i asked him if he could deliver me to****** in the same time as it normally takes...he could'nt say he would...

perhaps he should get one of those thingamees fitted to his car as well ( if your planes have any left over )...

of course nobody likes hanging around an airport feeling tired and dirty for hours or days on end and they are entitled to feel frustrated and i sympathise with anyone caught in that situation especially at this time of year... (look at the usa and denver...its a mess too as well as the knock on effect it has on other non affected parts of the world due to disrupted schedules )...but look...it happens..

just hope all affected get home for christmas..( remember john candy in ''boats,trains ,and planes..'')...still a few days to go for a little gradient ( though the charts not too encouraging in that regard )...but look its christmas...the time for miracles..

maybe...just maybe...

the dean.