PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky News : you 'avin a larf ?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 08:34
Georgeablelovehowindia
Death Cruiser Flight Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr W D (Jock) Lowe could be relied upon to give a precis of CAT 3 and all that, being that he's the former Flight Ops Director of BA and sometime Concorde supremo too. (Just don't ask what his PhD is in, because when he tells you the title of his thesis, it'll make your head spin! It's something to do with chemistry IIRC.)

Amusing to watch poor 'Spangles' Kaplinsky's cogs turning in the freezing fog as she slowly worked out that she was getting the right answers to the wrong questions from a person who did a completely different job from what she thought he did! "... and now back to George in the studio."

On a serious note, this highlights the lack of investment in the operational facilities at our No 1 gateway. It's well-named 'Heath-Robinson Airport' and after this escapade I can forecast tens of thousands of passengers vowing to avoid the place in future, with long-term consequences. I'm old enough to remember the rapid demise of London Docks.

It seems that while I was typing this, Simon Calder of the Independent has been on Sky, pointing out that the events at LHR are being broadcast around the world. For 'tens of thousands' therefore substitute 'millions.'

Last edited by Georgeablelovehowindia; 22nd Dec 2006 at 09:02. Reason: Add: 'serious note' and Simon Calder's comments