PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilotless airliner.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 07:37
npasque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

hmm i dont know about this. a few things

1.) i am not ready to travel on a pilotless aircraft, and i can assure you 98% of the population is the same.
2.) there are too many variables. can they possibly cover each emergency situation? electronics failure? that wouldn't be good

other things also come to mind... severe turbulence? if the computer has no way of measuring this then the pax are in for one hell of a ride. i could go on and on......
they are surely thinking into the future but as someone else mentioned here, this generation is not yet ready for it. and I agree, a PROPER fully automated vacuum system hasn't even been designed yet. they are still riddled with flaws. If we can't design that, how will we perfect an aircraft?

Needless to say when it does happen (which i am almost certain it WILL), there will be an accident and it will be very tragic.. not to mention the end of that concept. I must admit i am looking to enter the airline "phase" of my life as soon as possible and i would dread to see this concept take off in my lifetime. Imagine all the pilots out of work. Not to worry, i am sure planes will still have pilots for many many years to come