PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetscar int. ops proving that it's all about "choice".
Old 22nd Dec 2006, 01:51
longjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing wrong with playing the man eh Pete?

So because I post a comment which invites intelligent comment and seeks the truth and facts I am automaticaly branded as 'the enemy'. Is that correct?

It would appear that modern day Mcathyism is alive and well on Pprune.

Given that so far I have seen one factually incorrect attempt to villify my post, and another just plain abusive perhaps, as many are discovering day by day, this site is truly degenerating to a 'slag jetstar fest'.(sorry woomera).

Yet I am sure Pete was one of those telling the ex AN boys to cool it after some of our 'emotional anti Air NZ' comments post Ansett's collapse. Perhaps he was even one of those enjoying rapid promotion on the backs of our misery? Were you patting your mates on the back and congratulating them on their 6 month stint from s/o to F/O? Or perhaps even an 8 year command? Or maybe you were at DJ studying furiously for your 9 month command upgrade? Bad luck, but to the victors go the spoils eh?

Aviation is a great leveller.

I have never chosen to defend Jetstar's terms and conditions, there is no doubt they are way below what I was enjoying only 6 years ago I may add, at the same time my QF mates were saying we were 'overpaid'.

However, if the last 13 years of my turbulent airline career has taught me one thing, it is to keep my eyes open. Like 13000 others, I refused to believe that Ansett would go under, despite the obvious signs, and it did, the world changed. In fact, the world moved on, many people today see the collapse of a once proud airline as irrelevant.

6 years later I have thrown the blinkers in the bin.

Merry Christmas and Good luck.