PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United 93 Film
Thread: United 93 Film
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2006, 23:27
Tarq57

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Just saw this thread, got it out on DVD to watch. Way beyond sad. Good on them for having a go. You'd have to hope you'd do the same (and have a total belief in a better outcome). I hope no-one ever has to again. I thought that apart from a few minor "Hollywoods" (occasional wrong a/c type, big booming noises for effect every time the '75 pitched or rolled unusually) it was a very good depiction, and likely very accurate portrayal of how it would be. The authorities on the ground were totally unprepared for anything of this magnitude, and watching it, you can understand why and how. How can anyone create a comprehensive easy to follow list of procedures affecting several separate organizations for something of this magnitude? They were overwhelmed; there was insufficient time. That they achieved what they did on the day is a remarkable testament to the individuals on the front line.

One thing that struck me about the film was reading (briefly) the cast list at the end. Anyone else notice how many "xxx as Himself " titles there were?
Quite a few folk who were there on the day acted their own parts in this film. How tough would that be?