PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia II
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2006, 19:06
stubby jumbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger Dad's Army -hardware

...........'can't help but to notice the same comparisons with our "aging" cricket team with our fleet of 747-300's.

'Did a PER return this week and let me be careful with my words on a public forum as I do not want to spook the punters, BUT this AC is clapped out and should be parked along side the 707 up at Longreach.

It -leaked water from U/D, many seat backs were U/S, Video broke down repeatedly, carpet was in tatters, galleys stunk of ???????, 2 ovens u/s, U/D toilets stunk of ???????, flight deck overhead console looked like a Xmas tree with the number of U/S tags hanging off switches, on the ground it rattles and lurches along likea FJ Holden, brakes squeak and grab, bulkheads stained /chipped and battered..............just to name but a few items in the CCL

I can't tell you how many hours I've spent in these ( once great ) AC over the years to LHR,FRA, FCO, JNB.........but that was over the last 10-15-20 years.

So when Geoff says -"yeah fine no problemo, we'll flog them 'till the end of the decade "-just illustrates to me ( again) he has no idea of what is happening in reality with this airline.

He needs to get out of the bankers boardrooms and start "pressing the flesh" with the troops to find out EXACTLY what is going on.....otherwise the Texans will be punting him faster than he can say Uluru.

Everyone knows ( except Geoff, Marg and son of Goanna ) the 743's are tired and need $$$$$$$$$$$$ spent on them. NOW !!!!

This decision will come back and bite him on the left buttock -my prediction for 2007