PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Formula for lift: Question
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2006, 18:16
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i4iq,

It never fails to amaze me that those of us (and you, perhaps) who make a living in a very scientific endevor, where the physics of flight - the very topic we are discussing - is part and parcel of our occupation can just divorce a selected scientific fact when demanded by their religion. Precisely where is the line drawn between 1/2rho V squared and creationist theory? I cannot see how a fundamental religious belief can so vastly replace one section of the scientific firmament without leaving gaping holes!

Suppose you suddenly found a section in the bible that told you to shut down all engines at 10,000 feet, would you do it because of your belief? You are clearly a reasonable person, therefore I know the answer, and I am glad! Perhaps it is easier to argue against evolution because it doesn't seem to matter, we blindly follow this portion of religious fundamental belief because nobody dies if we are wrong.

I truly hope that professional pilots know where to draw the line between religion and the aviation procedures they follow, just as I know Doctors do when they use fundamental evolution as a means to develop new drugs and medical procedures, in spite of those who label things they don't understand as "theory" and therefore not valid.