PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sa Atc- Acc Jhb - Staffing
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2006, 16:41
BOK2GO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the expats following this thread

We got some feedback from the 2nd emergency meeting yesterday.

The results are:

A nine percent increase from April 2007 has been approved. I take it this on Basic salary only???

Money put aside for a "lock in retension package" has been freed up by the Board to be used for that reason. No details have been given on that but Wrenelle has promised clarification on that early next year.

Personally I don't agree with retension packages. It's almost an admission of failure that the company is not the employer of choice and that they need to tie you in with a contract, but hey, I'm sure many others will be glad. If you weren't planning on leaving it's an absolute bonus....

Is it too little too late? I suppose we'll see by September next year (when the current retension package pays out) Had this been announced three months ago the staffing problem in Joburg might be a little less critical.

I do feel that Wrenelle is doing her utmost to resolve this issue but that she is coming up against a brickwall at times. Hats off to her and those working so hard to try keep this ship afloat.