PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2006, 11:19
anjouan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Return To Africa

chuks,
Congratulations on your new venture and good to know you are returning to Africa, albeit a new and different region for you. What will you be doing in Algeria? We look forward to some of your nerveless prose from the desert. If you're stuck miles from any internet I'm sure you'll enjoy a good book and if you're in the desert a little reading from vintage books by Laurens van der Post will pass the time as you get inspiration listening to the great music of the late Ali Farka Touré, the 'King of the desert blues singers'. I know he's Malian, not Algerian, but his blues music, mixed with traditional African music can set the hairs standing on the back of your neck. He's an African who put money back into Africa and after becoming mayor of Niafunké, put much of his own money into improvements to that village. I'm sure the Algerian desert will give you a whole new perspective on Africa. When I tire of being in Nigeria, I find a visit to Mali or Burkina Faso regenerates my passion for this amazing continent.
Joyeux Noel et Bons Vols en Algerie