PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2006, 09:59
PompeySailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bladdered
I have, and as I said in another thread, gratuity received in 8 working days from last day. I asked the same question of JPAC/pensions and received the we neither confirm nor deny receiving your AFPAA1. Frustrating bearing in mind it would have been just as easy to say, yeah we got the form!! As timely receipt of gratuity and pension (whether you have or have not got a job) is one of the most important things on leaving the service, some acknowledgement is in my view essential. So those of you monitoring this thread - please consider doing something about it.

Ed
Right, now it gets strange. I sent an email to my ex-Boss yesterday (2*) with the details of the problems so far, and who appears to have heard anecdotal rumours of this happening. I checked my account this morning, and I have a pending BACS transfer for what appears to be the lump sum, less outstanding LSAP! However, no final balance of pay, no pension payments, and no letter from anyone explaining what payments are being made and when! I also mentioned the Small Claims Court action that would have been pending from tomorrow (headed off by the lump sum payment, thank you). Coincidence?

I also got through to the compliant human (Steven Harvey) on the JPAC yesterday who actually took my details and gave me a Query Reference, better than the stupid tart (Heidi) who I am sure I was keeping awake, or stopping her from filing her nails. I know it's Christmas, but my Christmas spirit was ebbing fast enough such that if we were not fog bound at Gatwick I would have been tempted to get a flight to Glasgow to give her some customer face-to-face time....