PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weather, BAA, LHR, Xmas, BBC, Fog, BA, etc. Rants (merged)
Old 20th Dec 2006, 21:25
Dryce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DtyCln
I'd take the domestic cancellation every time. Just about to travel back home for Christmas as I do every December, flight cancelled, tough but other options open to me. Car, train ferry etc. Were I going to New York what options have I got? Swim? Would I rather BA cancelled their entire domestic operation every time, absolutely. And I write as a traveller who previously lived in, and regularly returns to Ulster and is an Exec Club member!
I tend to differ. Family and friends generally avoid transiting through LHR because the airport is a pigsty and BA trash their domestic service as their first contingency. Today just confirms the good sense of this policy.

In days gone by you always felt that BA would use a larger aircraft and consolidate several flights so you'd get home late but you'd get home.

If they had declared that they were doing something like this today then they would have some kudos and gain some customer confidence. It would have demonstrated resilience as opposed to fragility.