PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206
Thread: Bell 206
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2006, 20:45
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I'm on my 4th lesson, just trying to get ahead before my next one in a few weeks."

Beyond all the questions you have mentioned, you hit on another problem that seems to plague new Pilots. That is for whatever reason, financial etc. many students dont or cant keep their training in some kind of reasonable time line. Next lesson in a few weeks costs more than in a few days in the long run. I would suggest if possible you make your lessons closer together. It helps from taking two steps forward and one to the rear because of the length of time away from training.

Also if you cant ring your instructor up once in a while and get a couple questions answered without his money meter smoking, I would get another instructor.

As to 206 info, try and locate another students "factory training manual' or visit some of the companies utilizing these aircraft and buy a maintenance type/engineer a big lunch/pint. Those are the guys who will keep your Pilot butt from getting in trouble. Besides what lites up on the panel, you should hang out with the maintenance folks and see what makes the fire and smoke come out of the exhaust.
I owe many years of safe flight from those who wrench on aircraft showing me what in fact what my input did to make things work behind me. Most of this "training" cost me no more than a few Beers.