PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206
Thread: Bell 206
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2006, 19:27
Aesir

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. Does the battery hot caption still work with lead acid batteries? Or is it only with nickel cadmium batteries?
No, its only for the Nicad battery and normally would be placarded or removed in a helicopter with Lead acid.

2. What does the battery relay warning caption alert you to?
Hmm.. donīt have that one in mine. 1970 AB206A/B. Donīt know what it for. Maybe to tell you the battery relay has tripped and electrical power is provided by Generator only.

3. What does the button on the top of the control panel, marked PASS INT stand for?
Passenger intercom isolate switch.

4. What is the maintenance schedule like for the Bell 206?
50, 100, 300 etc hrs inspection plus annual and the very much hateīd by 206 owners bi-annual TT strap replacement. Other than that itīs a very easy helicopter to maintain and the TT straps are the only negative maintenance aspect for the private owner in my opinion.

5. How much fuel does the 206 use in start and run up. I was told that 15 lbs - is that about right?
Itīs really neglible, but if you have to calculate it in then 15 lbs sounds about right for check list and navigation set ups. In action a JetRanger can be ready for flight in less than 2 minutes but if you take your time itīll burn a bit of fuel.