PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 3
Thread: BRISTOL - 3
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2006, 18:29
Standard Noise
StandupfortheUlstermen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes indeed MV, I wondered why they didn't ask for more, but I can only imagine that they know what they are doing. However, if the govt has expressed a need for the expansion of regional airports, then the management could always appeal the council decision through the ODPM since they seem to hold final say when all else fails.

I was on nights last night, and we along with Exeter, were the only places open then. In fact one in the eye for Filton, everyone else's choice as Bristol's airport, it was fog bound and the mail flights had to return from whence they came. Should anyone's cards or prezzies be late, complaints should be sent to BAe at Filton for not spending dosh on proper kit, I did all I could but it was to no avail.
I saw on the BBC website, under the story about the travel chaos, that some eejit was complaining about being stuck in Bristol for 3 hours. Mon Dieu! Three whole hours! But the airport site is showing that only 3 inbounds have been canx and only two outbounds (which not surprisingly, correspond to two of the inbounds). The eejit's flight wasn't even one of them. But few of the travelling public realise that it's not the airport's fault, nor our fault at ATC that flights are diverted or canx. It is mainly down to the airlines and their refusal to either pay to equip their aircraft to fly in CATIII (zero visibility) conditions or drag their heels in making sure their crews are capable of flying in such conditions. It makes my blood boil when people blame the airport for this......and I don't even work for the airport anymore!