PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weather, BAA, LHR, Xmas, BBC, Fog, BA, etc. Rants (merged)
Old 20th Dec 2006, 18:06
olster

Received 34 Likes on 11 Posts
DTYCLN -my last post on this -I originally started this post because I do feel that it is a bizarre decision to cancel all domestic services(why not CDG/AMS/FRA) and as one who lives in the regions I can emphasise very much with the poor sods who will be spectacularly inconvenienced by this so close to Christmas(been there).I cannot for the life of me feel that it is insulting to imply that BA or God forbid the BAA could possibly mismanage a deteriorating weather scenario(or anything).I would not ever imply that ATC @ LHR/LATCC were in anyway complicit in this.If you are of the same vintage as me I do believe that a certain level of mutual respect was traditional between pilots/ATC.Finally,as probably you and I have spoken frequently on the radio including cat 3b ops @LHR it is disappointing to think that you would feel it appropriate to call me or anyone ignorant of all things aeronautical and to imply I smell of **** which call me a bluff old traditionalist I interpreted as insulting(unsurprisingly).If you've had a tough day @LHR go and have a drink.

rgds