PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weather, BAA, LHR, Xmas, BBC, Fog, BA, etc. Rants (merged)
Old 20th Dec 2006, 18:00
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you're paying £300 or 400 to get you home to NCL, EDI, GLA, surely you should be able to expect BA to make a bit more of an effort.
OK, lets try again to explain the situation.....say you have a flight from LHR-NCL, and because of ATC restrictions relating to fog, the flight is delayed 4 hrs outbound. Now there is no guarantee it will be able to operate into LHR until the WX improves..before the crew go out of hours..effectively stranding an aircraft + crew, plus screwing up the schedule for the next day and so on and so on. Its that simple

Depending on the type of ticket purchased, BA will hotac you, and re-book you on the next available flight. Which is the best you can expect....mayby perhaps you should book Easy next time? I wonder if they will hotac you? somehow I doubt it.

I can't believe that any of you believe that much more could be done...this whinging comes across as very very petty minded, without any real appreciation of the logistics involved.

(I say this as a non employee of BA, but as someone that has a much better idea of the problems caused when a base is weather restricted)