PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 3
Thread: BRISTOL - 3
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2006, 17:56
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S N

I caught a brief glimpse of the ITV West News this evening and the SBAE had their version of a dolly bird in front of the camera.

More worrying was an interview with a N Somerset councillor who seemed to be saying that despite the protests at today's initial council meeting there was probably a public consensus for limited expansion, though not as much as the airport wants, and this might be reflected in the council's ultimate decision as to how much of the master plan to adopt for future planning guidance.

This has been my fear all along (#8 on 10 Dec in this thread). Because the airport's proposals are relatively modest they will be chopped back to something unrealistic (for the airport) to satisfy the opponents.

Why didn't the airport ask for more than it wants, or expects to get, because that would probably be chopped back to what they are asking for now.

See dear old BRS, the butt of everyone's weather jokes, has remained open all day today whilst nearby CWL and EXT have been closed all day, although the latter may have just re-opened.

Doubtless, some extra work for you and your colleagues because I see a fair number of diversions were glad to make the acquaintance of Lulsgate's Bottom.