PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus technology defects
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2006, 17:35
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing like a beer to get back on track ...
Welcome back Lemurian, and thank you for the link.

I have to go, but it's printed, I will read that on my way, for sure I will !

And don't worry, you're not the only one not to answer the questions:

Zeke thought it was nicer sending a private message, but my question was to anyone interested in the thread, so I believe the answer has to be public as well:

Originally Posted by Zeke
... but did CAPT Asseline or anyone in the flight deck at that time press more than 15 seconds one of these disconnect buttons ?
I'm not the only one to ask that question.
And I did ask that question to Zeke 10 days ago ... but still no answer !?
They disconnected autothrust for 15 sec on descent.
I am not going to contribue to the thread as it is obvious to me that you have not availed yourself to the report, nor do you understand airbus systems.
So I concede there are people much more qualified than me on the Airbus systems, and also on the report.
But, regarding the airplane, you still have to produce an factual reply to that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke:
CLB can command the same N1 as MCT.
If it takes the MCT N1/EPR to accelerate and/or climb whilst in CLB, autothrust can command it. Pretty basic stuff

And originally Answered by myself:
So, FCOM ignores the pretty basic stuff:
"When A/THR is active, FMGS commands the thrust according to the vertical mode logic, but uses a thrust not greater than the thrust commanded by the position of the thrust lever. For example, when the thrust levers are set at the CL (climb) detent, the A/THR system can command thrust between idle and max climb"

And regarding the report, if you just consult the link posted by A4, you may notice that, according to official report, pilot disconnects A/THR at second 26 and tape ends at second 41.
... Could it be the 15 seconds you're talking about !?

... The silent crowd will appreciate.

Originally Posted by J.O.
Time to move on folks
Time to ask questions folks.