PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets (Europe) Interviews - All you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 20th Dec 2006, 08:38
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Smith

I have been with NJ for a year and a half now and this is my opinion, and only mine.

I really enjoy working for NJ, the people I have flown with are great fun, friendly, helpful and I can honestly say I have not been on a tour where I really wished I was somewhere else.

I cannot fault the company on anything directly affecting me, I was paid a full salary from day 1, even though it took me 3 months from INDOC to start line training (due to type rating in USA and CAA efficeincy).

Having never flow for an airline in the UK, I can only judge from the likes of PPJN that the salary is acceptable, we always want more.

The tax issues, well that is a sore point for many, but as a UK resident, we have always paid tax at source and therefore it is just accepted as a necessary evil.

I am not going to comment on those who enjoyed either very low levels of tax or zero tax contribution who now have to pay what is a pretty standard level of taxation, draw your own conclusions.

The company has realised that there are issues with which the masses are not happy with and are taking steps to make good such things.

Now this is where you have to decide what side of the fence you are going to sit, and I respect both sides.

You can be fairly new or positive and believe, the company have realised the errors they have made and are now going to address them.

If you are a long term NJ employee, you might well say, the things they are giving to us are what we actually signed up to, ie. 6-5 roster, and why has it taken them so long to implement such changes?

I understand that the management do not have a lot of credit with the long serving guys as they 'have seen it all before', but maybe just maybe, the new management is different and want to make the package attractive.

So, I understand those who say they are not prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, as the market is good at present, and have voted with their feet.

The other option is to give them the benefit of the doubt and see if things get better, and the third option is, well, it is still better than my old company.

So thats how I see things, and with respect to your initial inquiry, things cant be that good at your airlline otherwise you wouldnt be looking to leave, so with that in mind, NJ is not perfect, it is not the worst, it is not the highest paid, but it is not the lowest paid, it is all about the best lifestyle for you.