PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Different rules for AT and FJ aircrew
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2006, 23:13
brit bus driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I so didn't want to bite on this thread, as it mostly full of ill-informed drivel, but....

Last time I checked, the DEFENCE Transport and Movements Agency runs the inter-theatre AT plot in line with the direction from the Permanent JOINT Headquarters; remind me again where the ATF influences that process. 2 Gp plan the schedules iaw direction received from every man and his dog, but NOT from the operators. And do you really think that the system has any flex to act as a taxi service dropping you off at every location under the sun? If you want it for an exercise, make sure you can handle the asset (PCN, rwy width etc), bid for it (surely you know the process?) and pay for the ACHE, CFR etc to be in place. Oh, and some air traffic would be handy. Where it can be done, it is, but the pot is seriously empty in terms of crews and airframes.

STCLCAISTF set the rules for hotac (or at least used to), not GASOs; indeed, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a ruling on hotac therein. Most likely your budget holder has decided that you don't need a comfy bed. It's his hotac bill. Either that or you're so busy whining you can't be ar$ed to look up the rules.

Buoy 15, you're showing your age. Shirt sleeves are now reserved solely for 32 on domestic VVIP tasks. TriStar crews wear flying suits because AOC 2 Gp directs it, as he does for all 2 Gp aircrew (except as stated); that is in GASOs. I'm sure he'd love to hear your argument.....

Crew rest. Can you honestly imagine the headlines when RAF TriStar hits jumbo outbound from LHR because the crew were f*cked having worked a 24 hour day and then been put up in the dorms with the pax. Get real. Try flying through the London TMA at 7 in the morning when you've been up all night with crappy/non-existent rest the night before, then get back to me. 8 hours of sheer boredom interspersed with 30 seconds of sheer panic is an oft quoted phrase....how true. But imagine the panic when that 30 seconds is the TCAS shouting TRAFFIC TRAFFIC rapidly followed by CLIMB, CLIMB NOW as you've missed the previous call. But surely that sort of thing could never happen....Oh, and please show me these peacetime training rules....unlike some fleets (I assume yours is one of them)the strat AT fleet have no OCUs or dedicated trainers. I'll leave it to you to guess where they're cutting their teeth.

Now I'm tired AND grumpy. FRI; no thanks, the tripe on this thread makes you realise what a losing battle it is.

Last edited by brit bus driver; 19th Dec 2006 at 23:28.